2020 Angels Show CALL TO ARTISTS!
It’s that time again! Time to find your angel art or create something new and submit it in response to the Southern Oregon Artists Resource 8th annual 2020 Angels Show call to artists. Here’s the application form with rules and procedures that you can download and complete, then submit with your angel art at the gallery. Please include titles, dimensions and medium for each piece.
We don’t ask for traditional representations of angels, though they are welcome. What we’re looking for is unique artistic interpretations of angels. We have seen some amazing interpretations over the years and look forward to seeing yours!
This year we’re changing things up a little for the Angels Show. First, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we do not plan to have a reception. However, the gallery will produce a virtual tour video that we will post widely across our websites and social networks. Second, to keep the works on display to the level that the gallery’s patrons have come to expect, the show is now juried. Finally, due to space limitations and our mutual desire to display every artist’s art without crowding, each artist will have a maximum of two pieces accepted. There is also a size limit of 48″ in any direction for all pieces. And we have to say this…all angels must be your own original artwork – no giclees, please! As always, all angels must remain on display until the show ends.
Here’s how to submit your angels for jurying and a timeline of important phases between now and the show’s opening:
- Visit this link to download the form, print and complete.
- Include a summary of information about your art with titles, dimensions and medium for each piece.
- Bring your angel art to the gallery with your form and summary on November 23, 24 or 25. **Be sure to wear your mask and be prepared to observe social distancing measures while in the gallery. Hand sanitizer is available at the front desk.
- Jurying takes place the week following Thanksgiving. Artists are then notified of the status of their work’s acceptance.
- Pick up artwork that is not accepted at the gallery on December 4, 5 or 6.
- We hang the angels on the back wall of the gallery on December 2.
- The show opens Friday, December 4 and continues through Sunday, December 27.
- Pick up unsold angels on Monday, December 28.
All angel art must be for sale, and Art Presence realizes 35% of sales. There is no additional fee for submitting your art or participation in the show.
**IMPORTANT! Please note that the gallery observes mandatory masking and social distancing guidelines. When you come to the gallery to drop off and pick up artwork, you must wear a mask and observe physical distancing of at least 6 feet. Artists manning the gallery are keeping everything clean and safe, and hand sanitizer is available at the front counter.
We are so excited to see the angels that this year’s artists submit! In light of the difficulties this year has presented for all of us, angels are just the thing to wrap up the year. We hope you find comfort and inspiration in creating your angels for this year’s show. Let’s make this is best angels show yet! Thank you so much for answering the 2020 Angels Show Call to Artists!
If you have any trouble at all with the pdf file below, please visit the call to artists at Southern Oregon Artists Resource or our Facebook page.