As the year draws to a close, Art Presence Art Center asks our members to bring their smaller pieces of art to the gallery for our holiday gift-giving show, Small Treasures 2016. Due to the gift-giving nature of the season, these works are locally created, portable and affordable. Therefore the gallery will be filled with excellent gift choices for those who appreciate art and creativity.
Small Treasures 2016 opens on Friday, November 4 and continues through Sunday, December 25. Join us for a festive reception on Saturday, November 5 from 1–4pm!
- Meet the artists and discuss the inspiration behind their small treasures.
- Visit with fellow art enthusiasts over hors d’oeuvres and a sip of wine.
- Listen to one of our local authors as they read from their newly published books. We have two author readings this month.
- Anna Elkins reads at 1:00 from her book of poetry “The Space Between.”
- Ginna Gordon reads at 2:00 from her brand new novel, “Looking for John Steinbeck.”
Take Your Small Treasures Home As Soon As You Buy Them!
You don’t have to wait until it’s over to pick up your artistic finds—during this show you can take your artwork with you when you purchase it. As a result, these small treasures will begin disappearing as soon as the show opens. Therefore, be sure to purchase anything you love at first sight! Artists will replenish their offerings throughout the show, so be sure to stop by the gallery often through the end of the year to see what’s new.
Art Presence Offsite Exhibits
Don’t miss Art Presence Art center’s off-site exhibits for additional holiday gift-giving opportunities! If you’d rather not give a small piece of art to someone special, these offer larger works to consider.
- Watercolors by Judith Ghetti Ommen: On display at Pioneer Village on 5th Street in Jacksonville, OR, now through year’s end.
- Abstract paintings by Patrick Beste: In the Naversen Room of the Jacksonville Public Library through the end of the year. Click here for the library’s hours and location information.
- Watercolor paintings by Linda Abblett: On display at the Medford Public Library now through December 31, 2016.